Scottish Ballet and YDance offer young choreographers a chance to explore and develop their creative voices in Hothouse.
Hothouse is a free choreographic training programme for ages 14 – 21 delivered by YDance in partnership with Scottish Ballet. The programme is designed to inspire the next generation of choreographers by allowing them to discover, experiment and develop their creative ideas and own unique style in their own short piece of choreography. Most recently these new choreographic works were performed at Tramway as part of YDance’s Project Y Evolution project.
What will I gain by taking part in Hothouse?
- You will develop your own choreographic skills, knowledge and understanding of choreography.
- You will develop your own unique movement language and ways of working with a range of stimuli.
- You will develop your leadership skills and confidence as a choreographer, and you’ll have access to positive role models within the industry to support your development journey.
- Your choreography will be performed publicly.
- You will also have the opportunity to be a dancer in the public performance of the other Hothouse pieces.
How do I apply?
The 2023 Hothouse programme has now taken place.
Dates and details of next year’s choreographic programme will be released in due course and shared here, on Scottish Ballet’s website, and on social media platforms.
For more information, please visit www.ydance.org