What we’re looking for
Are you passionate about teaching and coaching the next generation of professional dancers? Have you performed with a full-time touring dance company (including international experience) and are looking for your next challenge? Do you have a speciality in pointe technique?
If so, this is a unique opportunity for you to join our Dance & Artistic Development team working in an ambitious, creative and friendly environment. Informal career mentoring is available to you as part of this role.
Scottish Ballet welcomes applications from all communities and backgrounds, building a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We provide specialist support for those who have experienced discrimination or face barriers to inclusion.
What you need to know
The Rehearsal Assistant supports the Director of Dance & Artistic Development in ensuring that all dancers enjoy an environment in which to sustain and further develop their skills.
The Dance & Artistic Development team support the Chief Executive/Artistic Director (CEO/AD) with all aspects of the delivery of the Artistic Programme to realise the vision of Scottish Ballet.
The ability to develop positive working relationships will be key to your success.
In a nutshell, we want to hear from you if you have:
- A passion and a skillset for teaching and coaching with all levels of artists within the company – including group and soloist work.
- A strong knowledge of the technical (pointe technique) and artistic standards of the dancers, keeping up to date with relevant practices within our industry.
- The ability to create an inclusive work environment, liaising and collaborating with visiting teachers and choreographers.
- A commitment to embrace our company values and culture being open and able to work as part of the Scottish Ballet team.
It’s a full-time, permanent role:
- Salary is up to £40,000 per annum
- The role is 38 hours per week (full time)
- Flexibility of working hours to accommodate travel, touring, and attending performances and other events in the evenings and at weekends.
- This role is based in Glasgow at SB HQ, with requirement to travel extensively with the Company on tour in the UK and internationally.
- We offer great benefits including a competitive pension package, life assurance, 25 days of annual leave (plus an additional 9 Scottish public holidays), retailer discounts and a Cycle to Work scheme
Who we are
Scotland’s national dance company. We’re based in Glasgow and perform on stage and screen, nationally and internationally, promoting Scotland’s pioneering spirit far and wide. As well as bold new versions of the classics and ground-breaking commissions, Scottish Ballet runs an extensive community engagement programme fostering wellbeing and encouraging creativity through dance.
Find out more about us @ https://www.scottishballet.co.uk/about-us
About the role
A job description outlining key responsibilities is also available.
How to apply
Tell us why you want this job and why you think you’d be brilliant at it. Along with this cover letter, we’ll need your CV detailing any relevant skills, qualifications, or experience, plus the details of two professional referees (who will only be contacted if you are offered the position).
Send these to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Katie Boyle, People & Wellbeing Officer at the above the email address.